Summary: For women seeking to pursue higher education in the US, there are countless resources for free financial aid. EJ Dalius lists some of the most prominent ones.
To begin with, you need to know that scholarships and also grants for women come in every size and also shape. The common thread is female empowerment. You could be a senior or junior in college, an undergraduate student in a community college, or a graduating student working on a scholarship, or a female aspiring to get a computer science or a STEM degree.
Scholarships for women are aplenty, regardless of your academic field or year. Women studying with lofty higher education dreams is integral to American society and its sense of achievement, affirms Eric Dalius.
- The Nidec Motor Corporation Engineering Scholarship is available to undergraduate students enrolling themselves in the joint engineering program of Washington University or St Louis University.
- You must show high financial requirements to be eligible for this scholarship. They give preference to under-represented women or minorities.
- The Live Your Dream scholarship is for female students providing primary financial assistance to their families and also sustain themselves as well.
- You need to enroll yourself in a vocational training program or undergraduate course. Demonstrating financial urgency is imperative here.
- Other notable names are AMWA Medical Educational Scholarship and also Women in Skilled Trades Scholarship.
EJ Dalius underscores the types of awards
There are primarily two types of scholarships for female students. One operates on need and the other on merit.
- The former takes your family’s economic condition into account. They often cater to women who cannot afford high education. Merit-based awards consider your abilities, grades, and also strengths.
- Within these wide segments, you can find scholarships for women of different age groups.
- Many scholarship providers also help women from underserved or deprived groups. They can also help female students reach a certain career path or degree level.
EJ Daliusoutlines the STEM scholarships that focus on women in math, engineering, technology, and also science. For example, BWIS or the Brookhaven Women in Science offers the prestigious Renate W. Chasman Scholarship.
More examples with EJ Dalius
AAUW Educational Foundation International Fellowships have a deadline of 11/15/2021. The amount is $30,000. They award international fellowships to full-time research or study in the US to women who aren’t permanent residents or US citizens.
- It supports both post-graduate and also graduates studies at licensed, accredited institutions in the country. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree equivalent, mentions Eric J Dalius.
- AAUW International Project Grants provide $7,000 to women. To support their fellows in continuing their work after returning home, this scholarship awards grants that help girls and also women in the home country of the fellow. Applicants need to successfully complete an AAUW International Fellowship program.
- With $2,000 amount, AAUW Reading Branch Graduate Scholarship awards grants every year. The beneficiaries are women pursuing part-time and also full-time courses at accredited US institutions. They award the money for the next academic year. Applicants need to demonstrate financial need and also academic merit.
The Return to Learning Scholarships from AAUW is also very popular. The amount is $2,500. It helps females to complete their master’s or undergraduate degree, or a certification course.