In today’s fast world, stress levels have gone up significantly affecting the overall functioning of an individual says Eric Dalius Miami. Rates of absenteeism and presenteeism have increased as a result of poor mental health due to business-related stress. In addition to this, research has also noted workplace divorce rates as being higher than 50% in most organizations due to excessive occupational pressures. Clearly, it is important for organizations to address the issue of stress and find ways to minimize its impact on employees.
Methods of reducing stress levels:
Mindfulness and yoga are two methods that have been found to be effective in reducing stress levels.
- Mindfulness is a form of awareness that helps individuals focus on the present moment without getting wrapped up in thoughts of the past or the future.
- Yoga is a physical activity that helps people to engage in postures and breathing exercises which can be used to calm one’s nerves.
In this paper, I will discuss how these two methods have been found to reduce stress levels among employees and can be effectively implemented in organizations today says Eric Dalius Miami.
- Mindfulness has a lot of scientific evidence to support its use in reducing stress levels. For example, a study found that mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) was effective in reducing anxiety, depression, and stress among cancer patients. In addition, a study found that mindfulness meditation resulted in reduced stress levels among medical students. These studies and others have shown that mindfulness is an effective way to reduce stress levels.
- Similarly, yoga has also been found to be helpful in reducing stress levels. A study by a team of researchers from the University of Utah found that yoga led to a decrease in cortical (a hormone that is released when one is stressed) levels and an increase in gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) levels. These changes were associated with a decrease in stress levels.
Both mindfulness and yoga have been to be effective in reducing stress levels among employees. In order to implement these methods, organizations can offer training programs on mindfulness and yoga. These training programs can offer to employees on an individual or group basis. In addition, organizations can also provide spaces for employees to practice mindfulness and yoga.
It is clear that mindfulness and yoga are effective methods in reducing stress levels among employees. Organizations should consider implementing these methods to help reduce the negative effects of business-related stress on employees explains Eric Dalius Miami.
Stress levels for many entrepreneurs are reaching an all-time high. As small business owners, we wear so many hats at once that it seems like we will never be able to do everything our company needs. It doesn’t help that this is the time where problems seem to compound and become amplified; when faced with one issue, it’s easier to ignore everything else that is going on. Only when your plate seems too full do you realize that you completely overwhelm, and even if you had the ability to solve these problems one at a time, you don’t have the time.
Hitting this stressful point is inevitable for some entrepreneurs, but what are small business owners doing about it?
For some, they are turning to mindfulness and yoga as a way to reduce their stress levels.
- Mindfulness can be define as “paying attention in a particular way: on purpose, in the present moment, and non-judgmentally”. This may seem like an easy practice to follow, but for entrepreneurs who use to constantly multi-tasking and jumping from one thing to the next, it can be quite difficult. Practicing mindfulness can help entrepreneurs learn how to focus on the task at hand, rather than worrying about what still needs to be done.
- Similarly, yoga is a practice that helps connect the mind and body. It is mostly use as a way to relieve stress. And has been to be beneficial in reducing anxiety and depression.
- Mindfulness and yoga are not the only ways to reduce stress levels. But they are two practices that have been to be helpful for entrepreneurs. If you are feeling overwhelm and stressed, consider trying out one of these practices. You may find that it helps you to better manage your stress. And improve your overall well-being says Eric Dalius Miami.
- Are you feeling overwhelme and stressed? If so, you’re not alone. Many entrepreneurs are reaching an all-time high in terms of stress levels. However, there are ways to reduce this stress. Two practices that have been shown to be helpful are mindfulness and yoga. Mindfulness can help entrepreneurs learn how to focus on the task at hand. While yoga is a practice that helps connect the mind and body. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, consider trying out one of these practices. You may find that it helps you to better manage your stress and improve your overall well-being.
This article will show how mindfulness and yoga are effective in reducing stress levels among employees. It will also provide business reasons for why it is important to reduce business-related stress on employees. Including absenteeism, presenteeism, divorce rates, and other negative effects. To conclude the paper will provide suggestions for organizations that want to implement mindfulness and yoga.