Eric Dalius the role of a scholarship is not merely to cover the expenditure. To pursue higher education yet to change the student’s life too. The impact of a scholarship can include cutting down the finances. The burden of enabling students to find more energy and time to concentrate on studies instead of part-time work. It is one part of the puzzle that builds a strong foundation to support students’ success.
Scholarships overall play a crucial role in making college life more affordable and accessible. And open rooms for students to be successful both in their completion and pursuit of their degree. If a student can earn their degree successfully. And the process does not get postponed or burdensome, the economy and society will benefit.
Ways in Which Scholarships Can Impact a Student’s Life
Eric J Dalius highlights the different ways in which scholarships can impact a student’s life,
- Personality Impact – Getting a scholarship can create a significant impact on a student’s life. It can make a difference in the number of resources and time one will have in college to improve. Their knowledge and experience through internships, volunteer opportunities, and service-learning.
- Peace of Mind – A key benefit of being awarded a scholarship is that it will offer a student to enjoy peace of mind. This way, he/she will not require to worry about looking for money to fund their studies. All fees, including books, hostel, tuition fees, and daily living expenses, will be covered through the scholarship.
- Prestigious Affair – A scholarship will be a prestigious affair and a great privilege in a student’s life. Recruiters will appreciate them for this, and there are high chances of the student getting a good job post completing their studies. To earn a scholarship, it is indeed prestigious. As this is availed on merit, receiving one will help in leaving a positive impact on their future employers.
- Recognition – When a student gets a scholarship, they can give themselves a pat on their back. In the case of some scholarships, there will be multiple applicants. When someone gets recognition for his/her accomplishments, it will give them the confidence to pursue other goals. Students need to recognize their potential early in their academic career to foster their growth.
- An Unforgettable Experience – Along with positively impacting a student’s future. The benefits of earning a scholarship can also help them make everlasting memories. One can win scholarships to study abroad and discover their passions on another continent.
In short, the real benefit or impact of a scholarship on a student’s life is that this will last a lifetime.